What information we collect and how
The information we collect via the Website may include.
1. Any personal details you knowingly provide us with through forms and our email, such as name, address, telephone number etc.
2. Your preferences and use of email updates, recorded by emails we send you (if you select to receive email updates on products and offers).
3. Your IP Address, this is a string of numbers unique to your computer that is recorded by our web server when you request any page or component on the Website. This information is used to monitor your usage of the Website.
What we do with your information
Any personal information we collect from this website will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws. The details we collect will be used:
1. To confirm your details for those members wishing to post data onto the website, including movie reviews and comments;
2. We may use your email address to send you information on our updates, competitions and other products and services. In such a case you will be offered the option to opt in/out before becoming a member and later from your membership profile.
To make this site work properly, we sometimes place small data files called cookies on your device. Most big websites do this too.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
- your display preferences, such as contrast colour settings or font size
- if you have already replied to a survey or poll on our site's homepage (so you won't be asked again)
Also, reviews and some videos embedded in our pages use a cookie to anonymously gather statistics on how you got there and which pages you visited (to help with our Review count, for example).
Enabling these cookies is not strictly necessary for the website to work but it will provide you with a better browsing experience. You can delete or block these cookies, but if you do that some features of this site may not work as intended. The cookie-related information is not used to identify you personally and the pattern data is fully under our control. These cookies are not used for any purpose other than those described here.
How to control cookies
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish – for details, see aboutcookies.org. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work.